Your Ad Here

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eddie Schwartz Died

One of the top rated radio hosts in Chicago, Eddie Schwartz, has died at the age of 62 most likely due to kidney and or heart problems. He was from the Southeast Side of Chicago and died in a nursing home in Waukegan.

Eddie Schwartz was a man that loved Chicago and concentrated on the local issues to the best of his ability on his radio show. He was the founder of the "Good Neighbor Food Drive" in order to provide some aide towards the city's poor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name's John Bialas. I've been producing and hosting documentaries for Loyola University's WLUW radio in Chicago since 1988. I invite you to log onto wluw.org this Sunday, January 15 at 10 AM CST for my hour-long memorial salute to Ed Schwartz. I'll be featuring clips from his early WIND Radio shows from the seventies, along with his complete original theme song and his favorite version of The Whiffenpoof Song. Northsiders can tune me in at 88.7 FM. If there's enough positive response, I'll schedule a second hour for the following Sunday.
May the Schwartz be with you!

Share This

Elin Woods

Elin Woods Bikini